Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Who I Am Today

Dearest K,

When you met me, I was at an all-time high in life.  Living in a foreign country, had recently quit a miserable job, was keeping up with a regular exercise regimen, was constantly making travel plans and looking forward to upcoming trips, was looking forward to a new start in my career at home...

On the outside and inside, I was a perfectly happy and content girl.  Bursting with optimism and open to new adventures and experiences.

But I wasn't always that way.  In fact, only a year prior I had experienced my all-time low in life.  I was sinking so fast that it was hard for me to pull myself back up, but somehow...I did.  And I realized that I was the only person who could save myself.  My will to change things turned my life around.

I am definitely not proud of a lot of things I have done in the past or even the feelings or person I was at certain points in my life.  I used to be insecure, jealous, lazy, dependent.  Sometimes residual issues from this past come up from time to time that make me wince.  However, it is a reminder of how far I've come.  I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason.  And the other cliche that "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

I don't pretend to be perfect, but I've overcome a lot of personal hurdles that have opened my eyes to the fact that this stronger, happier person is the end product of a lifetime of not only disappointments and mistakes but good values, perseverence and personal victories.

I just had to share - I am very proud of who I am today.  And no one can take that away from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment